How to configure your mouse to use auto clicker
The ability to automate mouse and other clicks has been a boon for many of us. It can save us a lot of time, if used correctly. In this article we will talk about how to configure your mouse for using an auto clicker on various platforms . We shall also discuss the ways you can configure your mouse before you use the auto clicker and answer some more relevant questions.
Can you operate your autoclicker just from the mouse?
Of course, you can! After installing the auto clicking software, just by using your mouse you can set up the various parameters. You can specify the location where the auto clicker must click. Those who are looking for a dynamic auto clicker, all they need to do is move their mouse to the desired location and the tool shall click accordingly.
You can even specify the type of click you wish to automate (like, left click, right click, double click, etc.). You can adjust the total duration, the intermediate time between two consecutive clicks and every other factor necessary for getting efficient mouse clicks.
Most software allow their users to list down the tasks they want the auto clicker to perform, which are then executed sequentially. All of these functions can be manoeuvred using a mouse. For starting and stopping the auto clicker, one can click on the screen or on designated start and stop buttons, as per the software’s design.
At times, the users can also designate “Hotkeys” for the same (and many users prefer using such hotkeys). However, the efficiency of the tool is in no way diminished if the user ditches the keyboard keys to only use the mouse for all the operations. It is just a matter of choice.
How to configure your mouse before using an auto clicker?
It is very simple to use an auto clicker to perform various functions. The softwares are also easy to download and install. In order for the software to work smoothly, we should configure the mouse settings. This way the software can operate more smoothly. Here are a few steps you can follow to configure your mouse before you start using the auto clicker.
- Go to the start icon of the PC and open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, search for Mouse in the search bar you see on the top right side.
- Upon typing ‘Mouse’, you shall see the option for Mouse setting. Click on the same and a new window shall appear.
- In this new window, go to the third tab- “Pointer Options”.
- After you have clicked on the option, you will see yet another option- “Pointer Speed”. The pointer speed can be altered by dragging the slider. For maximum accuracy, you should set the speed a little higher than the medium speed i.e 6/11 or 7/11. Thus, drag your slider to the 6th or the 7th point and get the optimal pointer speed.
- Once you have set the pointer speed, now uncheck the “Enhance Pointer Precision” option. This is enabled by default. Keeping it enabled can cause difficulties while auto clicking in games. For example, you are using a ‘dynamic’ auto clicker that clicks at the current position of the pointer. Let’s say that you move the pointer very fast. If this option is enabled, the pointer will move faster than actual and the clicking will be inaccurate. Similarly. If you move the pointer very slowly, the pointer on the screen will move even slower. Thus, it is important to disable this option before you start auto clicking, so that the pointer moves the exact distance.
- Upon fixing the accuracy, move to the second tab in the window- “Pointers”. Here you can choose how the pointer will look. You should choose a somewhat big pointer so that taking it to the desired position while dynamic auto clicking becomes easy. Be assured that the size of your pointer is critical.
- In case you wish to use the auto clicker for some game, there is another setting that needs to be configured- the in-game mouse sensitivity. If the game demands mouse movements, the sensitivity should be lowered for better precision. If it is an idle game that requires you to click at a particular spot on the spot, the sensitivity can be increased for better accuracy. This is subjective and there is no definitive number for this configuration. The user must adjust it as per their needs.
How to configure your mouse to use auto clicker in chrome?
Before we talk about the configurations, let’s talk about how to set up the software in Chrome.
- In order to access the Accessibility features open the System menu in Chrome.
- Select the “Settings” options.
- Select “Menu” in the Settings window.
- Select the “Accessibility”option from the menu. (You may have to click on “Advanced” to reveal the accessibility option)
- Now, go on to select “Manage accessibility settings”.
- Move to the “Mouse and touchpad” section.
- Enable “Automatically click when the mouse pointer stops”. This will set the toggle switch to “On”.
- Now when you stop moving the cursor, you shall see a ring around the pointer . If the cursor remains still for a specified amount of time, a click action will be executed.
- Users can customise the following:
- Delay before click: This is the time between when you stop moving the cursor and a subsequent click action is executed. In order to change the time length you can select from the options of the drop down menu (0.6/0.8/1/2/4 seconds).
- Stabilize click location: the ring is kept in one place till the cursor moves out of it
- Revert to left click after action: The click reverts to left-click by default, after a different action is executed like right click, double click, etc.
- Movement Threshold: This is the minimum distance that you need to move your pointer before stopping so that automatic clicks can be executed. The distance can be changed from the drop down menu.
How to configure your mouse to use auto clicker in Windows?
You can download any auto clicking software compatible with your Windows edition. Most of these are available for free and are very easy to set up. After downloading the software package on your device, an icon would be created. By clicking on the icon you can install and run the software. Once you have run the software you can also set up “Hotkeys” for your convenience that would help you start and stop the auto clicking by just one click. You can omit this if you simply want to use your mouse to click on the start and stop button which is equally convenient. In case you use a hotkey, make sure to save that key. After this initial setup, you can now adjust the various parameters as per your liking and need.
For mouse configurations necessary to run the auto clicker smoothly and efficiently, refer to the previous section on “How to configure your mouse before using an auto clicker?”. Also, be sure to run the run the tool on your Windows device with admin rights.
How to configure your mouse to use auto clicker in Mac?
There are two ways in which you can use an auto clicker on MacOS.
The first way is the traditional downloading of an auto clicking software. You can download any compatible software and configure the parameters according to your needs. Most auto clickers have a very easy installation procedure and their interfaces are user friendly.
Another method is to make a clicker on your Mac device, and not download anything externally. You can follow the steps below to make your own Mac Clicker:
- Go to “Systems Preference”and select “Universal Access” from the drop down menu.
- Under universal access, select “Mouse and Trackpad”. Now, select “Enable Access for Assistive Devices”.
- Next, search for the “Finder” feature on your Mac device. In the Finder, look for “Apple Script”.
- Launch Apple Script. Open the script editor.
- Now, enter the following code to make an auto clicker of your own, as per your requirement:
tell application “System Events”
key code 87
- “Return 2” decides the intermediate time between two consecutive clicks. 2 represents the time in seconds. This can be manipulated as per the user’s need.
- Save the script on your device using the “Application” extension as your file type.
- Upon saving the script, you can now enable the Mouse key settings in the “Mouse and Trackpad”option.
- When you go to the saved script and play it, the clicker created by you will come into play.